I successfully resisted getting take out tonight and instead I threw together this recipe for Tempeh Tacos. Quite a tasty dinner!
- Fried Potatoes and onions (yes, again. it was another perfect morning for them!)
- Amy's Brown Rice Black Eyed Peas and Vegetables Bowl
- Imagine Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- Corn Chips and White Bean Hummus
- A giant vegan gluten-free cupcake from Raphsodic!
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 small onion, diced
1 8oz package of tempeh, crumbled
1 15oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1.5-2 C water
taco seasoning (see below)
1 tbsp chili powder
2.5 tsp paprika
2 tsp ground cumin
1.5 tsp onion powder
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
pinch of cayenne (optional)
In a large skillet, saute onion in oil on medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Add the tempeh, pinto beans, taco seasoning and water. Stir thoroughly and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve in heated taco shells (LOVE the stand and stuff kind) topped with lettuce, cilantro, and diced tomatoes.