Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 48 - Minestrone

I finally have my camera up and running again! The battery charger was lost, so I had been borrowing a camera here and there for awhile. Now that I have mine back and working, I realized how much I love having my own equipment to use, though I was spoiled by using my moms 50mm f/1.4 lens. What a difference compared to my cheaper 50 1.8!

Oh well, I have mine, and I still love it :)


Breakfast:

IMG_5964


- Minestrone (this started out like every other noodle soup, then I realized I wanted something different and just started throwing a whole bunch of stuff in the pot. Feel free to adjust to what you have in your pantry)


1 tbs oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 oz baby bella mushrooms, chopped
3 small potatoes, cit into very small cubes
2 carrots, sliced
2 small yellow squash, cubed
1 C frozen corn
1 C frozen peas
1/2 jar Ragu organic garden veggie pasta sauce
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can Bush's pinto beans
4 C vegetable broth
1.5 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
2 C Tinkyada rice pasta spirals
3 C fresh raw spinach

In a LARGE saucepan, saute oil, onion, garlic, squash, mushrooms, carrot and potato for about 10-15 minutes. Add corn, peas, broth, pasta sauce, tomatoes, beans and herbs and bring to a boil. Add rice pasta and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer for at least 15-20 minutes, Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste.


Lunch:

IMG_5996


- Chips and hummus
- Amy's Light and Lean Sweet & Sour Noodle Bowl



Dinner:

IMG_6036


- Minestrone
- Oven Fries (shared between three people, though mostly eaten by me. They were a perfect batch!)

1 comment:

  1. Your minestrone was the best I've ever eaten.

    ReplyDelete