Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 31 - Tempeh Chili

I can not believe how good today's chili was. I made a batch to share with my parents and a friend, and we finished off the entire pot! I pieced together a few different recipes and once we started eating I made sure to write down the recipe before I forgot what I did. I need to make another batch asap!


Breakfast:

- Fried Potatoes and Onions
- Decaf Coffee with Almond Milk



Snack:



- Larabar - Pecan Pie



Lunch:



- Imagine Organic Creamy Broccoli Soup
- Zen Chocolate Pudding made with almond milk



Dinner:

IMG_7980

- Tempeh Chili
- Vegan Gluten-Free bread with Earth Balance butter


Tempeh Chili

(8-10 servings)

1 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 small bell peppers, diced
1 8 oz package tempeh, crumbled
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1 can hot chili beans
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 C frozen corn
2 tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1 C water

IMG_7944

Get the oil warm in a large saucepan over medium heat, then saute the garlic, onion, bell peppers, and tempeh until the onion is translucent.


IMG_7952

Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, corn, spices, and water. Mix thoroughly then cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment