This mornings breakfast was the BEES KNEES! I was really in the mood for something cozy and warm and this was absolutely perfect. It was a hit with all who ate it :)
- Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal (based loosely on this recipe)
This was pretty sweet and I think it would be fine without the sugar or Earth balance if you want to save calories and avoid processed ingredients.
1 1/2 C old fashioned rolled oats
optional: 2 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 C pumpkin puree
optional: 1 1/2 tbsp softened Earth Balance buttery spread
1/2 C organic raisins
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 C water
1/4 C chopped pecans
In a small bowl mix together the oats, optional sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
In another bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, optional Earth Balance, raisins, and vanilla extract. Once mix completely add the water and bowl of oats and stir until smooth.
Pour mixture into an 8" baking dish or 4 individual ramekins and top with pecans. Bake at 375 F for 15-20 minutes.
- Leftover Beans with Tomatoes, Zucchini, and Potatoes (with the changes I mention yesterday: reheated with a little more water and a few handfuls of fresh spinach. I loved this even more as a soup!)
- Roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- Cherry chia kombucha
- Roasted Green Beans
- Quinoa with mushrooms and sweet potatoes - and I added a small eggplant this time. Tasty!
Late night snack:
- Corn chips, hummus, and guacamole