Definitely feeling less bloated and my clothes are feeling even looser. I'm thinking I need to start working on meal ideas for when I get back from vacation next week. I need to plan for balanced meals and cheap cheap ingredients.
- Organic Cacao With Goji 100% Raw (made by Chunks of Energy and found in the bulk section of Whole Foods in Lexington)
- Split pea soup (finally, the last bowl from the huge batch three days ago!)
- Homemade guacamole
(1 mashed avocado, 2 tbsp minced red onion, 1 clove of minced garlic, juice of 1/2 lime, 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, sprinkle of coarse salt)
- Garden of Eatin' Organic Yellow Corn Chips (yes, a cheat food)
- Roasted green beans and potatoes
- Quinoa and Black Beans (based off of this recipe)
This recipe makes 4 large servings
1/2 cup dry quinoa
1 1/2 cups organic vegetable broth
pinch of salt
Bring to a boil in a medium saucepan then turn to simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with fork and serve.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1.5 cups frozen corn
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
Saute garlic and onion in oil for 5 minutes then add beans and corn. Heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add in cilantro, salt and pepper.