Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 16 - Lentils and Rice

Stressful emotional day. Didn't cook, ate too much sugar. The End.


Breakfast:

IMG_7062

- Granny Smith apple with sunflower butter (I was out of honey crisp apples, which are a joy to eat. I was left with a granny smith that I had to force myself to choke down. Bleh.)


Snack:

- Hummus and corn chips (yes, again! must take a break from hummus though. My tummy does not seem happy with it)


Lunch:



- Amy's Black Bean Enchilada with Spanish rice and beans (so yummy! Absolutely loved this. I can't express how happy I am that there are vegan gluten-free frozen meals available in the world)



Dinner:

IMG_7086

- Lentils and rice (ate three bowls because it was amazing)
- Baked sweet potato with Earth Balance coconut spread (tasted like dessert!)

Lentils & Rice:

2 tbsp oil
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 c lentils
3-4 c water
1 c brown rice
2 tsp salt

Saute onion in oil until caramelized. Add lentils and water and cook for 20 minutes. Add the rice and salt and cook for about 45 min-1 hour until rice is cooked (add more water if necessary). Ta-da!


Late night snack:


(Stress eating = ALL FAIL SNACKS)

- Decaf coffee
- dark chocolate espresso beans
- Cherrybrook Kitchen chocolate chip cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment