Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Day 15 - Mushroom Ginger Soup

My sister and her family all arrived for a day visit here at my grandmothers house this morning where we've been staying the past few weeks. It made for a hectic and weird day of eating that included a starchy breakfast of oatmeal and potatoes for myself while cooking eggs and Canadian bacon for my family. Then I ended up going without lunch while sitting in Fazoli's watching everyone chow down on spaghetti, pepperoni pizza and bread sticks.

It definitely makes it more difficult when you have a drastically different diet than the people closest to you, but I'm no less resolved to stick with my eating decisions.


Breakfast:

- Leftover Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
- Roasted Potatoes (oh, how I love potatoes!)



Afternoon Snack:

- Corn chips and hummus
- Bolhouse Farms Blue Goodness smoohie
- Whole Foods dark chocolate covered espresso beans



Late Afternoon Snack/Meal:



- Amy's Organic Brown Rice With Black-Eyed Peas & Vegetables (I didn't want to be left going without eating again so I picked up several vegan and gluten-free frozen meals at the store today. I'd never tried this one before but I really liked this meal!)



Dinner:

IMG_7050

- Mushroom Ginger Soup

1 tbsp oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
salt and pepper to taste
4 C vegetable broth
2 oz rice noodles
1.5 C frozen peas
2 tbsp brown rice miso paste
2 stalks green onion, sliced

Saute the oil, garlic, ginger, mushrooms, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Add the noodles and peas and reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the miso paste and top with green onions.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot the pint of Almond Dream ice cream. yum.

    ReplyDelete